Monday, October 10, 2011

Learning Unscripted


Sometimes learning comes from just experiencing. It doesn't take pre-cut shapes, or books. It doesn't take carefully planned lessons or glitter! It just takes sitting back and letting your child experience. I often tell myself (and my husband) that we do not need to control their play. Just because they stop the balls half way down castle marbleworks or use a hat for a bucket does not make it wrong. Sometimes as parents we want to jump in a little too fast. He CAN use that much glitter or mix all the paint together. He can dump the megablocks in a pile a kick at them to hear the sound. These are all learning experiences.

Fall has added s0me new delights and new encounters :the crunching of leaves under our feet or the smashing of them in our hands, the feel of the leaves as they come down on us after we toss a bunch in the air or the feel of them over our bodies as we crawl through them, watching them scatter as we kick them or hit a pile with sticks. Our world is so full of amazing things that our Creator put here for us to experience. I love watching my kids in awe of the things that we have begun to take for granted. I have decided that God created the dinosaurs for no more than to spark our curiosity and enjoyment. And believe me we have had HOURS of enjoyment! Fall is just another of gift! Here are a few pictures from a recent afternoon of play. They are so precious!






No comments:

Post a Comment